Monday, February 18, 2013

Tara McPherson

Tara McPherson is one of my favorite illustrators, I actually just wrote a paper on her for another class. One of the reasons why I enjoy her work so much is because jest blends the world of fine art and graphic art so beautifully, and a lot of her has a modern version of surrealism to them.

McPherson has her BFA in Illustration, but she also minored in Fine Art when she was in college. I think this is one of the reasons her style is such a great mix of fine art and graphic art. She has her foot planted in the communication art world as well as having a grasp on amazing painting and drawing techniques. She is simply amazing, and I highly recommend checking her out if you like clean and beautiful artwork, that is a little strange at times. x


No comments:

Post a Comment