Monday, February 11, 2013

"The Devil In Marina Abramovic" Article Review

I read an article in the New York Times about how much Artist Marina Abramovic was paid to perform "The Artist is Present" at the Museum of Modern Art in 2010. She spoke to Andrew Goldman and told him about the things she did not like about MOMA and how she was treated and how little she was paid. She was only paid about $100,000 and stated that at least 750,000 people had seen the show in total. In my opinion I think that just might not be enough if so many people had come to see the show. I remember seeing her exhibit in the SCAD Library last year of much of her work. Some of it is very strange and a lot of it is really interesting, bold and daring. I really enjoyed reading this article and I have posted the link for you to also take a look. I also liked that she seems to want to have a mysterious funeral. I never looked at Funerals as having to have some sort of suspense or intrigue and for her to want to have different services and to not have the attendees know whether or not she is truly in one of the coffins at her many services makes it all the more interesting. Death is usually very sorrowful and her funeral would be more of a celebration of life and of her spirit because she does seem to be extremely exciting as well as mysterious and strange.



No comments:

Post a Comment