Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Miko Miko Miko Post 1

Hey guys! I have a lot of catch-up to do with my posts- so I will be uploading not just one but TWO posts (round of applause)

First post:

Dave Miko- 

Alive? - Yep, still breathing
Location- New York
(that's all the personal information I can find on him- this guy is like Batman or something...
I can only find his artworks and gallery shows, but maybe that is all the personal information we need to know about him, right?)

Dave Miko is a contemporary painter- he creates these muted, improvised pieces that seem to provide this dual vibe of a ease and discomfort. His choice of medium is aluminum and oil paints although some of his exhibits contain dabbles into sculpture pieces like furniture or using sheets of aluminum  The paintings he creates tend to have text in them to add this weird thought-like quality to his work like a graphic design statement, but I don't think you are supposed to fully understand it. Thoughts?



No comments:

Post a Comment