Thursday, January 17, 2013

Antony and the Johnsons

Antony and the Johnsons is a music group comprised of the work of Antony Hegarty and his various bandmates and collaborators.

Antony's music can best be described as experimental and underground (particularly a LGBT underground group).

Antony focuses a lot on the slavery of addiction, transgender issues, gender in general, gay struggles, sexual identity, male domination, the positives of feminism and religion in his work.


I originally came across Antony last week during a meeting with my Senior Project professor regarding my senior show coming up at the end of the quarter.  I wish to implement video and music to compliment my photographic works.  Since my music tends to fall in the more experimental category of music, I researched Antony in preparation for what I want to create for the show.


Antony often collaborates with fabulous filmmakers, directors and actors to create his videos, while he also creates more intimate productions that include himself.

Here is a link to his most recent video "Cut the World"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=U9a1C1qXHfM#at=46


*All images and videos are from http://www.antonyandthejohnsons.com/ *

I am interested in learning more and more about Antony and the music Antony creates.


No comments:

Post a Comment